Temporary entry permit to the old town
Tallinn Teachers’ House is located in Tallinn Old Town pedestrian zone. Therefore, based on the Tallinn City Government regulation no. 28 dated 13 June 2012 and titled “Traffic regulation in Tallinn Old Town”, to pass it by car, you need to apply a permit to grant temporary access in that zone and permission to stop your vehicle at Tallinn Teachers’ House property. Please apply for the license no later than 3 working days before arrival.
Tallinn Teachers’ House property has three addresses:
- Raekoja plats 14 – Crown Hall, Hanseatic Hall, Salon, Master’s Hall, Hans’s Room, Gertrude’s Room. There is 1 stop in front of the building;
- Vene 5 – Ambassador’s Room;
- Apteegi 6 – Diele and Spice Room.
We open the house at 09:00 – earlier opening is possible by prior arrangement. From 06:00 to 10:00, the entrance to Tallinn Old Town is free and you do not need to apply for a separate permit, but please let us know in advance by contacting our team.
Temporary entry permit
The procedure for applying for a temporary access permit:
- Fill out the application form below.
- Please submit the application 3 workdays before the event.
- We will issue the permit 2 work days before the event.
- In the case of permit applications that reach us 1 day before the event or on the day of the event, we cannot guarantee the issuance of a permit to the Tallinn Teachers’ House.
- The permit is waiting for you in the lobby of the main building at Raekoja plats 14 and it will be issued to you by our administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org I (+372) 554 8188).
- Please pick up the permit at least 1 working day before the event.
- Our kind city guards would like you to present the issued permit upon entering the Old Town.
- The permit allows you to stop at the property to load your vehicle.
- The permit does not allow you to park the vehicle.
- The permit is valid for 30 minutes, unless requested otherwise.
- We have only 1 stop in front of the main building.
- The permit is free.